Sunday, October 26, 2014

[FOTD] Double-winged Cat Eyes Look [step-to-step]

Hello all! How are you? Have you all do any preparation for Halloween? I don't have a particular plan for Halloween so I did nothing :( but yeah, I can still enjoy Halloween at home, watching movies with my family.

Anyway, I post this picture couple days ago on my Instagram for the Shu Uemura instagram competition. You have to post a picture of your cat or your look with cat eye make up. I opted for the later since I don't have cat. You also have to put hashtags #SHUCATS. If you want to join the competition just join! It is so fun!




I was planning to do a simple cat eye look since I haven't do it before. Yes, this is my first time. I messed up and it turned out to be a cat eye with double winged eyeliner look. I like this so yeah, I go with this. It is still cute nonetheless.

Why favorite pict should come out blur? TuT
This is also the first time I do my eyes first before my base makeup. I used the new brush from Esprique I ordered from Japan. The review of the brush will come shortly, so please be patient. :)

I will share the step-of-step of this look. Starting from the eyes:

1. I used Anna Sui Whipped Eyeshadow in No. 300 and layer a bit on my lid. It is a bit hard to do and takes time. You have to spread thin layer and wait it for dry and add more layers.

2. I take Make Over Glam Eyeshadow in Sunset and blend it on the crease. I also add a little bit of the Gold Color from the same line to deepen the crease a little bit.

3. I took liquid eyeliner, I used Koji Line Beat 0,1mm to trace the shape and using Koji Spring Heart to fill in. Both eyeliners are in black color. I firstly draw a pointed triangle in the inner corner following the natural shape of my eyes and fill in the gap. I drag the liner a bit inside on the lower lashline.

4. Than I pull a wing from the outer corner following my lower lashline to the end of my brows. I fill in my top lashline to desireable thickness. From the middle of my top lashline I pull another line, curving up and create the second wing.



5. I also drag the liner at the outer corner of my bottom lashline inside, about 1/3 portion of my eyes.

6. I take a thin sponge tip from Shu Uemura Heart-full Pink Parallel Palette and take the white eyeshadow and place it in the middle of my bottom lashline to open my eyes.

7. I apply a really thin layer of mascara on my top lashes using Eyeko London Mascara Wardrobe in Defining.

8. I used Lavie Lash false lashes in Bluebell on my top eyelid.

9. I filled in my brows as usual, using Revlon Photoready Palette ini 505 Impressionist, using the color #3.



For the rest of my makeup, here are the following steps:

10. I apply Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation #52 using a buffing brush.

11. I put the concealer a bit below the corner of my eyes and other places where I need it. I using flat concealer brush from Ecotools Fresh & Flawless set to clean up and blend the concealer under my eyes. For other places, I buff the concealer using the buffing concealer brush from the same set.

12. I set my face using a little bit of loose powder with the same Esprique brush I used for my foundation. I only set around my T-Zone. The powder I used is from NYX Cosmetics Mineral "Set It & Don't Fret It" Matte Finishing Powder in MFP 01 Light/Medium.

13. Using Complexion Blending Brush from the same Ecotools set for the blush. I used the blush from Shu Uemura Heart-full Pink Parallel Palette and placed it right under my eyes and blend it outward and down to give the appearance of cute and fresh look. This method of applying blush is well used in many kawaii Japanese look. It is also camouflaging the appearance of undereye bag.

14. For lipstick I use a combo of two red lipsticks. First, I put the Shu Uemura Lipstick from the collection Vision of Beauty vol.1 Brave Beauty in Red on my lips thinly and spread using my finger. Then, in the center part of my lips I put the Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Shine lipstick in Mon Shu Red Pure.

15. I top my lips using Daiso Moisture Up Aqua Lip Gloss #01 Peach Jelly. I really love how the lips ended up.


And that is for the look. What will you make for Cat Eyes look? What twist would you put in it? Also if you make a cat eye look for joining the competition leave the link below so I can see and like it! Or if you also make the double winged cat eye look please share to me! I would like to see! I hope this post can inspire you. See you on my next post!

Also if you interested on some products I used in this look you can see my review:

- Shu Uemura Heart-full Pink Parallel Palette: http://snowsbeautyplayground.blogspot.com/2014/04/favourite-shu-uemura-6-princess-limited.html

- Shu Uemura Vision of Beauty Collection vol. 01 Brave Beauty - Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Red: http://snowsbeautyplayground.blogspot.com/2014/10/review-shu-uemura-vision-of-beauty.html

- Ecotools Fresh & Flawless Brush Set: http://snowsbeautyplayground.blogspot.com/2014/10/review-ecotools-fresh-flawless-five.html

- Revlon Photoready Palette 505 Impressionist: http://snowsbeautyplayground.blogspot.com/2014/01/so-i-got-new-job-and-thanks-to-this-i.html

- Koji's Eyeliner Comparison: http://snowsbeautyplayground.blogspot.com/2014/08/comparison-review-kojis-eyeliners-line.html


No comments:

Post a Comment