Monday, December 22, 2014

[REVIEW] The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso 2 in 1 Brightening Eye Cream #TBSBLOGGERS

Hi Folks! How are you? I think some of you have already been on your holiday mood. So do I! It just I still have work and I don't take leave. I actually pre-write this on my weekend. So, as I promised, I will continue to post 3 days in a row! Today, I will review yet another product from The Body Shop. This time for the eyes, THE BODY SHOP MOISTURE WHITE SHISO 2 IN 1 BRIGHTENING EYE CREAM.


So what it is?
This an eye cream product that is meant to moisture and brightens your under eyes and eyelid area instantly. It is also supposed to have cooling effect because of the metal tip applicator. The products is said to be used under makeup and also over make up as touch up.You apply it directly from the applicator back and forth on your eyelid and under eye area.

The texture/consistency of the product.
 The products is easy to spread but not runny texture. It has tiny micro sparkles in it which has a role on the brightening effect. It is more like a cosmetic type eye cream rather than a skin care type, IMHO.

How it works on me?
I always apply it before I do my make up in the morning. The products does brighten my eyes area really well. I have tried it over my make up but it just melts the make up right away which should not happen based on what I have been told during the workshop. It happens because I use the metal tip applicator to apply it over my make up. If used using the finger and dab it gently over the make up, it should be okay even though it beats the purpose of using the metal applicator to refresh up the area around your eyes with the cooling sensation.

Products applied. See the lights reflected on it!
How bright it is! Exactly what I want for my under eyes area.
 Talking about the cooling sensation, every time I apply it, the cooling sensation only survive on one eyes. I don't know if it is my body temperature that too high or what. Anyone has the same experience? I keep it in a relatively cool place but still it happens. T^T

Metal tip applicator.
I am not really sure about the moisture part, it is not moisturizing on my under eye area. I use other eye cream product that is really thick and moisturizing during the night. I have quite dry skin around my eyes despite of majorly combination skin on the rest of my face.If you have normal or not so dry skin than it probably works on you.

Regarding the packaging, you have to be really careful when squeeze out the product as it tends to be too much product dispensed out of the tube. I have get my feeling into it right after several usage. I often get globs of product out and making such a mess before I get used to it.

 What I like about it?
- Works really well to brightens up the area around my eyes
- Can be used on my eyelid as well.
- Cooling sensation

What I don't like about it?
- Not too moisturizing
- Dispensing out the product can be quite tricky.
- Melting down the makeup if applied over.You have to be careful for this not to happen.

Where can you get it?
You can get it through The Body Shop stores or you can get it online through http://www.thebodyshop.co.id/SKINCARE/PRODUCT-TYPE/Eye-Care/MOISTURE-WHITE-SHISO-2-IN-1-15ML/p/56669. The price of it is 399.000 IDR for 15 ml.


*disclaimer: The products featured in this review is what I got during the workshop. I am not paid to do the review and I won't review a product as a good product if I don't feel so. This posting is also part of blogging competition #TBSBloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment