Wednesday, August 27, 2014

[COMPARISON REVIEW] KOJI's Eyeliners - Line beat vs Spring Heart

Hi Folks! How are you? Hope you all be fine! My days not so good lately. I have been struggling in my personal life, but I am not gonna give up. So, if there are any of you who also have bad days like me, don't give up! If you need help, I believe there are people around you that sincerely willing to help you. Please, don't push them away because it would break their hearts.

ss+(2014-08-27+at+09.25.54)
(left: KOJI Spring Heart Liquid Eyeliner in Black 01 | right: KOJI Line beat Liquid Eyeliner 24H Long Lasting 0,1 mm in Rich Black)


Get back to topic! Today I want to do a comparisan review between 2 eyeliners from KOJI. They are from Line Beat and also Spring Heart. Line Beat is my loveliest eyeliner, I have been using it since I bought it on February this year and starting to dry up. Due to that reason, I pick up new eyeliner. I was about to repurchase the Line beat one but decided to try a new one. There is one new eyeliner from KOJI on the display but no tester yet. I just picked it up without knowing how it would turn out. So, I pick the one from Spring Heart.

ss+(2014-08-27+at+09.27.37)

First, let's talk about the packaging! Starting from the box packaging, as expected from Japanese brands! THEY ARE SO CUTE! As for the items themselves, I prefer Line beat more. Look at the metallic copper/brown pen with leopard prints on it! The cutest ever! The Spring Heart one looked so simple, thin barrel with black color and silver printing of the cute Spring Heart logo and 'liquid eyeliner' words that is a bit tacky. I don't love it that much to be honest, but the fact that you can easily see where the cap is, makes it a little bit more decent looking, not as cheap as other similar pen eyeliner with this kind of design.

Second, Let's talk about the swatches! From the picture, you can see that the Line beat one is a bit glossier/shinier than the Spring Heart one, the Line beat one is also more black. Both glides on easily and thinly on this swatches. ss+(2014-08-27+at+09.25.31)

Third, the tips/nibs! The size or diameter is about the same, they are so sharp and thin. The Line beat is a bit longer than the Spring Heart one. They are also different in type, Line beat is a brush type and Spring Heart is felt type. Even though the Spring Heart is a felt tip eyeliner, it still has some flexibility but not as much as the brush type. This felt tip eyeliner type is good for you who needs more control. The brush tip one sometimes is too flexible and makes uneven lines.
ss+(2014-08-27+at+09.28.15)
(left: KOJI Spring Heart Liquid Eyeliner in Black 01 | right: KOJI Line beat Liquid Eyeliner 24H Long Lasting 0,1 mm in Rich Black)

Last, the most important thing is the performance of the liner on the actual lid. You have already saw tons of pictures of me on Instagram and this blog using Line beat eyeliner. Here I will only insert the picture of me using the Spring Heart one. On the lid, applying the Spring Heart one is such a pain. It tugged on the lid, it doesn't dry down as fast as the Line beat one. When I tried applying it, at some point the eyeliner's tip become dry and no product comes out. It such a pain since I do that with my Line beat eyeliner only lately when it starts to dry up, and this Spring Heart eyeliner is brand new! I can imagine this dries down so quickly that I can't even be able to use it anymore. I know put it on my jar with the tip side down. Since it is tugged on my lid, I got a not-tidy-kinda-zig-zag(y) result. I never experience it with my Line beat eyeliner, not even with my Oriflame Stylo eyeliner which I used to have and much cheaper with a firm felt type tip. It is so hard to get a thin, tidy, sharp, small flicked line with Spring Heart eyeliner. Even my drying Line beat eyeliner do a better job and don't waste as much time.
ss+(2014-08-27+at+09.30.24)
(using Spring Heart Liquid Eyeliner)


As for staying power, both stays pretty much the same which is for quite a decent long time. Due to drying up, the Line beat does fade more than the Spring Heart one. They don't smudge unless you rub your eyes vigorously, which is not recommended to be done. One thing though, when I tried to remove it at the end of the day, it is easier to clean up the Line beat one since it flakes off. The Spring Heart eyeliner just smear everywhere and I don't like it. I even use more cotton and make up remover on removing the Spring Heart one.

UPDATES: I was wearing the Spring Heart liner one day without any base (only my concealer and a bit of face powder) like eye primer or eyeshadows. That was a really REALLY HOT day. The liner was melted down and smear off everywhere on my lid. I did wore the Line Beat in same manner and situation too but it doesn't melt down, it just simply flaked off. Really shock me off, it's not even the end of the day.

Verdict, I like the Line beat more and would probably repurchase it someday. I wouldn't repurchase the Spring Heart one though since I don't like it really much. Spring Heart eyeliner is cheaper than the Line beat one though. Spring Heart eyeliner costs me 93.900 IDR at Kay Collection. Line beat eyeliner costs me 269.900 IDR. The Japanese prices for both product are 520 JPY for Spring Heart and 1,480 JPY for Line beat.

So that is my review! Hope you enjoy reading it and hope it helps! See you on my next post!

- SSG -

No comments:

Post a Comment