Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Job & Eyeshadow Palette Review ( Revlon Photoready Eyeshadow Palette in 505 Impressionist )

So I got a new job and thanks to this I am becoming more busy. But at least, I will earn money to fulfill my love for Lolita fashion and my other hobbies. Although, I won't wearing lolita outfit since I'm working in educational institution and the rules a bit strict. But I would wear it sometimes if I have to go to office on weekend. I also would try more toned down styles like mori gyaru or otome kei.

 I am quite busy, mostly because of the time I need to go to office and get back to home. I can't do my hobbies like before. I cannot drawin any illustration (and on weekend my brother monopolizes the PC) I cannot sew (handsewing is troublesome) and even writing lyrics. So lately I am into makeups. I didn't care about makeup before, I like it but for wearing it by myself. NO! I was too lazy to spend my time for that. Since I have to wear makeup to works, I need to learn and practice. That's why I love makeup lately (even though I'm still an amateur) and now I will review my first decent eyeshadow palette. What I mean as "MINE" is I own it myself. Before, I was sharing makeups and cosmetics with my elder sister, so mostly I wore what she's wearing and couldn't mind about it.


So this is the review for my REVLON PhotoReady Eyeshadow Palette in 505 Impressionist:

 I was attracted to this palette right away when I saw it at the drugstore. Totally in love with the color and I also need it to go to work. I bought it for about 10 USD or about 120k IDR. This is perfect for natural look and office look. All color in this palette is shimmery but it's not so noticeable, more like a satin finish. The texture of most the color is creamy and smooth. Especially the #1 color. It has 2 pairs of sponges for application but I just don't use it except for highlighting my browbone and for teardrops area.


 Swatch without primer:
 

 This palette consist of five colors. The number 1 is in the rectangle at the bottom line. It's said on the packaging as a primer. It has a bit pinkish tone in itu, the color is like champange color but with a bit of pinkish feel. It's sheer and shimmery, but if we put a decent eye primer underneath, it's great as an eyeshadow. It's good for highlighting and and for the inner teardrop area.

 The main colors in this palette are the number 2 (the lighter brown and the most color in this palette) and the number 3 (it is above the number 2 color). The #2 is for using on your lid and the #3 for the outer part of the lid and crease area. I actually using #3 for my eyebrow too and it's really perfect for my eyebrow. Just hoping it has more products in this color on the palette since I really love this. The #3 color also shimmery just like the rest of the color, but in this color it's almost not noticeable, if looked from distance it's looked as matte finish.

 The #4 color suppose to be the highlighter. It's in a very beautiful champange color. It's so sheer but if used with decent eyebase/eyeprimer underneath, it would be an amazing color.

 The #5 color is the least product on the palette and also my least favourite. The color is pink and lovely. BUT IT'S GLITTER AND WON'T STAY ON MY EYES! It's supposed to be the finishing touch of the whole eyemake up. but it's just make quite a mess and I don't really like it.

 Overall thoughts: It's a nice palette, so versatile colors. Shimerry but not so noticeable and still nice although the glitter is unsatisfying. The staying power is so-so but if you wear decent eye primer underneath it would stay throught out the day. The packaging is simple and nice adn quite sturdy to be brought wherever you want to go.

 So here my face using this palette, I don't wear any eye base/eye primer underneath it:
 

  PRODUCT LIST:
Face:
- Etude Collagen Moistfull Facial Freshener
- Etude Collagen Moistfull Emulsion
- Sariayu Martaa Tilaar Alas Bedak (Liquid Foundation) + Energizing Aromatic in Kuning Gading
- Sariayu Martaa Tilaar Bedak Tabur (Loose Powder) + Energizing Aromatic in Kuning Gading

 Blush:
-  Sariayu Martaa Tilaar Pemulas Pipi (Blush On) in Apokayan

 Lip:
- Yvonne True Color Blush On in 781 Pink Nude (yes I use blush on my lips :3 )
- Oriflame Tender Care Balm Chocolate

 Eyes;
- REVLON PhotoReady Eyeshadow Palette in 505 Impressionist
- Oriflame Eyeliner Stylo in Black

No comments:

Post a Comment