Tuesday, December 23, 2014

[REVIEW] The Body Shop All-in-One Instablur Universal #TBSBLOGGERS

So this is the last of the series before Christmas! I just want to get my lazy holiday. I want to review other products which are eye products but since my irritation still around, I should avoid to wear any eye product except my eye drop..... T^T

Into the review! Today I will talk about THE BODY SHOP ALL-IN-ONE INSTABLUR UNIVERSAL. This is one of the kind of product that I love so much but I hesitate to wear it most of the time. LOL


So what it is?
It is a make up primer that are suppose to fill in the pores and lines to make the skin looks smoother immediately. The product is self explanatory that this is a silicone based products.

The texture of is soft and smooth like typical silicone product. But weirdly, this product has a little bit of weird texture that is also different with other silicone products. It has crumbly texture and somewhat reminds me of micro beads on peeling/scrubbing products. Even though it is completely smoothed out when spread on your skin.


How it works on me?
First, let's talk how to apply this product. I carefully squeeze the right amount of product out of the tube. I place it on the center portion of my face and spread it evenly to one direction only, not circular motion. I only place it on areas where I need it.

Then, to apply my base make up over it, I apply the foundation using dabbing motion and buff it out gently to blend. I prefer liquid foundation over this base because powder foundation kind of not working really well on this base.

I really how it really makes the texture on my face smooth. Although, my favorite thing from this base is it keeps oily areas of my face at bay! I even sweat out because of humid and hot weather, when I blot, there are the sweat but minimal oil! I even use the foundation that could be makes my face looked oily due to the dewy finish.



I was really surprised by it because it does not say anything about oil control. It is also minimize the amount of foundation I need a lot less than I usually go with. My foundation also stays longer when I am using this underneath it.

Although, it is a tricky products to be used. You have to apply the right amount right away since you cannot layer it, you cannot add more product or it would flake. Also, you have to be certain not to be tempted to apply it on circular motion to avoid the flaking. You have to apply it on swipe motion GENTLY!

 What I like about it?
- It works well to blur out some textural imperfection of my skin
- It has good oil control
- It makes my foundation stay longer
- I minimize the amount of foundation I need to apply.\
- You only need small amount of it for your face.
 
What I don't like about it?
- Tricky to apply or else it would flake.
- Since, I have to be careful, it takes time to apply it. Thus, I don't really like to wear it often, unless i really need to.


Where can you get it?
You can get it through The Body Shop stores or you can get it online through http://www.thebodyshop.co.id/MAKE-UP/FACE/Primers/ALL-IN-ONE-INSTABLUR-UNIVERSAL-25ML/p/56688. The price of it is 299.000 IDR for 25 ml. There is also an eye version for this product, but this alone could work for under eye area as well.




*disclaimer: The products featured in this review is what I got during the workshop. I am not paid to do the review and I won't review a product as a good product if I don't feel so. This posting is also part of blogging competition #TBSBloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment