Sunday, October 19, 2014

[REVIEW] Ecotools Fresh & Flawless Five Piece Complexion Set

Hello beauty! How is your weekend? Sorry for not updating my blog since I was busy with work. I had work piling on also bad consecutive days. I think most of them ever had that kind of days as well. Set that aside, I am finally here to deliver you a review! Guess what? I am reviewing a brush set.



I bought this on a whim since I actually just ordered a brush from Japan, though not a set. I bought the brush set just because there is a discount on Luxola.co.id for Ecotools brand. I always planned to get new brush set but yet always failed to do so. I am so lazy to wash my brushes routinely, especially when I have busy days that I have to wear makeup everyday or I am just want to lay on my bed for whole days on weekends. Please, don't do that since using dirty brushes could break your skin out! Those nasty pimples broke out of my skin in combination with my crazy hormonal fluctuation. I think I just make up word. LOL!

This brush set is Ecotools Fresh & Flawless five piece complexion set. I did not aware that the set is a limited edition set. That explains the beautiful design of the handles. This is a set of travel friendly brushes that are SO TINY. The set suppose to deliver smooth airbrush finish.The five brushes in the set is: Flat Concealer Brush, Buffing Concealer Brush, Precision Foundation Brush, Complexion Blending Brush, and Full Powder Brush.



The brushes are SO TINY as I mentioned before. Thus it is travel friendly, but I know some of you love the brushes with long handle. I love short handle though, especially if I use it on myself. It is annoying to have your brush handle hit your mirror since it is long. I love the packaging and the design of the handles. The bristle is so soft, and pleasant to work with. They are quite dense, and deliver a smooth finish, especially for the price range. The set comes in a box packaging with magnetic closure. Inside, you find like a plastic layer wrapping around the box that cover the brushes and you can hanging your box with this plastic. I keep the plastic because it keeps the brushes since they don't come with individual plastic packaging like others usual brushes.

The first brush is the Flat Concealer brush. The handle for this brush is light lime green color with the drawing is in white. The brush is quite dense and not too flat like some other paddle shape brushes are which could deliver streaky finish. It is tapered at the tip. It is good to be used to conceal or carve your lips when wearing bright color lips or to highlight browbone. You can use it for other concealing work as well, but I prefer other brushes in this set to do it. You can also use this brush as shader brush on your eyelid to pack on your eyeshadow.

Just how tiny the size is! My hand is small already!

The paddle shape of the brush.

The bristle is slightly tapered at the tip.


The second brush of the set is the buffing concealer brush. The brush, as the name describe, is good for buffing your concealer on your spots and blemishes. It is soft so it does not hurt your hot red ripe zits, if you want to cover it. I just hope the lenght of the bristles would be shorter thus could become denser. The bristle is not as dense as it could, some of the bristles stray away from the pack. But I still like it. If you like, you can also use this for the concealer under your eye. The handle is blue with the drawings is in orange color.

Comparison to my hand!

It is not really flat, actually have a slight curvy / domed shape.

See! How some of the bristles just stray outward, away from the pack.


The third brush, is something kinda odd. It is named as precision foundation brush, which is no way! Unless you have a super small face. It is so small with the width of the widest part to be more or less 1 cm wide. If it was wider, it would be perfect! I use it to apply concealer for under eye and works great! The tip is a bit pointy. If you look from the side, it is tapered on one side and slightly curvy at the tip. I don't know how to use it beside applying the concealer on the under eye section and maybe side of the nose. The handle is almost lavender purple color with the drawing is in a dusty light green color.

Again! Comparison with my hand!

The paddle shape with pointy tip.

Tapered at one side and slightly curvy.


The fourth brush in this set is my favourite. It is the complexion blending brush. This brush is small but so dense and as the name describe, it blends every edge flawlessly. The bristle so soft that it is comfortable to blend as you like. I usually use this for my cream blushes and it works perfectly for that! You can also use this for contouring as it is not so thick and would fit into the hollow of your cheeks. Even though it is small, it is not really small for blushes and especially highlight. I really love the size to apply blushes on the apple of my cheeks or to apply the blushes dolly style like Japanese does (for example: Rinrin Doll). The handle is in red copper color with the drawing is in teal green.

Compared with my hand. Sorry it is not consistent with other pictures.
 I forgot to take this previously and just snap it a while ago.

The shape of the brush. Perfect size for applying blush on the apple of your cheeks.

The shape from the side. It is good for contouring.


The fifth and the last in the set is the full powder brush. I found the word 'full' in the name is odd since the size is so small. The brush is not as dense as complexion blending brush thus good for applying powder. It is slightly larger in size though slightly shorter compared to previous brush mentioned. If you the type of person who only powdering your face on your t-zone or certain area, this is the good for you, but if you like to slightly powdering all over your face and want to quickly do it than this is not for you. I like to use this mostly to set my under eye concealer. The handle is in magenta pink with yellow color for the drawing.



So here my overall though below.

(+):
- Travel friendly, it is small so you can put in your bag.
- Magnetic closure for the box. The box packaging really easy to put on my vanity, stacked with my palettes. You can hang it also if you keep the plastic inside it.
- Beautiful handle.
- Ecotools is known for their environmentally friendly products.
- Soft bristle, especially the brush #4 in the set, so soft and dense, perfect for blending.
- Short handle, it is personal preferance but I love that it wouldn't hit my mirror.

(-):
- Tiny size, especially #3 in the set, ridiculously tiny for foundation brush.
- Composition/balance in the set. Too many brushes for concealer due to the size but none really work for foundation. You can use #4 in the set for foundation but it is still small for it.
- The brushes does not come with individual plastics to keep each of it inside. If you want to bring them on the go you have to have seperate pouch to keep it clean.

I think this set is nice and the packaging is beautiful. Although such unfortunate that the size is so small so it mostly work the same between brushes. It is not a must have but a nice set nonetheless. If you interested you can get it from www.luxola.co.id for 280.000 IDR.

I have another brush review so stay tune for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment