Sunday, October 5, 2014

[REVIEW] Shu Uemura Vision of Beauty Collection vol. 01 Brave Beauty - Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Red + FOTD

Hi Folks!!!

My first post in this blog here (well, the rest is just a repost from my LiveJournal)! So maybe let me introduce myself. My name is Stephanny, but due to some reasons my online friends have called me by the nick 'Snow' thus I will keep using this nick name. My nickname and my username on most of my social media is snowsparklegems. That was the beginning of people calling me Snow, even in real life. I will still post on my LiveJournal which you can visit : http://snowsparklegems.livejournal.com/ but, it will be more of random stuff like usual.

Enough with the brief introduction. Today I want to review one of limited edition products from Shu Uemura that I have been eyeing for quite some time. It is Shu Uemura Vision of Beauty Collection vol. 01 Brave Beauty - Rouge Unlimited Lipstick. I have the color red.




It took me quite some time to pick this because I am reluctant of what color should I buy. I restrict myself to only buy one color but the colors available are all so beautiful. If only I could afford all. LOL. I posted swatches of the colors on my Instagram and asked my friends which should I take.

Top: Orange; Beige
Bottom: Rose; Fuschia; Maroon; Red

But after weeks of searching swatches and considering, I come to two top colors that I need to swatch on my lips before purchasing. I decide to take either orange or red. So I went to the store, tried them on my lips. The orange one is so pretty. Unfortunately it's applied unevenly and look so weird on my pigmented lips. Not to mention, my lip was dry too, I had not scrubed my lip back then so I think that is one of the reason too. Also, the texture of the orange one is more emolient than the red one which I bought at the end. If you love orange color and don't have pigmented lips or your lips is not dry like me, I suggest to go take this color because this orange color is so pretty. It is like a pumpkin orange color which perfect for autumn and Halloween season!

Before I go off topic, let me start the review for the one I actually bought. First, let's talk about the packaging! As expected from Shu Uemura Limited Edition Collection, they always have VERY GORGEOUS PACKAGING! It is a tube that similar to their regular packaging but with a beautiful splash of Magenta and Orange colors! Really suit autumn season very well! Unfortunately, the tube in this one doesn't hold the lipstick very well since I feel some looseness and when I shake it, it wiggles and have a noise of looseness.



As for the color itself, it is a gorgeous warm red. It is not so warm so that in some lighting it sometimes appears as it is a cool red. But, in another lighting it could appear almost orange-y even though it is not as coral as my Mon Shu Red Pure one. It applies quite translusence at first but could be build to opaque.

Here are the swatches on the back of my hand on different lighting:

Left to Right: Flashlight on; Fill Flash; Without Flash Room Lighting

And here are the swatches on my lips:


Top-Bottom: Flashlight on; Fill Flash; Without Flash Room Lighting

As for the texture, it is not as creamy as my Rouge Unlimited Supreme Shine in Mon Shu Red Pure, but it has some creamyness, without much slip like the supreme shine. It is easier to apply but you still need to be careful since it easy to feather out or transfer to your teeth a bit. It dries down and set not so quick but it is definitely quick enough so you don't need to wait for your whole life just to wait it to set. It is not emphasize my dry lips so much but you can still see the dryness of my lips if you look close enough. The lipstick itself is not drying, but non hydrating either or maybe a tiny bit hydrating.

For the longetivity, I can't really say since I haven't wear it for a whole day. I only wear it for like about 5 hours. But I have a meal that is quite greasy and clean my mouth or lips with tissue quite thoroughly and it still stains my lips quite well so I only need to touch up a bit.

At the end, I really like this lipstick. The red color is so gorgeous and also the texture is not drying. It is not overly glossy, just creamy and still acceptably easy to apply. You need to be careful though since it is a bright color so you might need to prepare your concealer and lip pencil, and maybe also your lip brush. I bought this at Shu Uemura counter at Seibu Grand Indonesia for 295.000 IDR. This has been sold out in several counters but I believe you can still find it in Grand Indonesia since they have most of the stocks there.

Unto the FOTD using this lipstick, I did a wing eyeliner that is quite thick and it's been a long time since I do thick wing liner.

 

  

Face:
- Make Up For Ever Face & Body #02 mixed with Sariayu alas bedak withening & aromatic in Kuning Langsat
- Anna Sui Spot Concealer 01
- NYX "Set it & Don't Fret it" Mineral Matte Finishing Powder MFP01 Light/Medium

Cheek:
- Daiso Mix Colors Blush in Cute Color

Brows:
- Revlon Photoready Palette in 505 Impressionist using Color number 3

Eyes:
- Daiso Princess Ellefar Jewel Eyecolor Palette in Brown, using Dry Color #1 on my crease, Dry color #3 on outer corner and blend in to the crease a bit, Wet Color #2 (using it dry) on 2/3 inner part of my lower lash line
- Maquillage by Shiseido Dual Glow Eyes in OR247, using the darker color on my lid and lighter color as highlight on my inner corner.
- Revlon Photoready Palette in 505 Impressionist using Color number 1 as browbone highlight
- Koji Spring Heart Liquid Eyeliner in 02 Black
- Eyeko London Mascara Wardrobe in Defining on my top and bottom lashes

Lips:
-  Shu Uemura Vision of Beauty Collection vol. 01 Brave Beauty - Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Red




No comments:

Post a Comment